Italo Disco World

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Italo Disco World » Мы » Давайте знакомиться!

Создать форум

Давайте знакомиться!

Сообщений 61 страница 83 из 83

Тоже считаю,и даже Абб можно... ну иногда..

Audrey написал(а):

Абб

А кто это?

Которые что то там про Мани Мани  и Ватерлоо

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

+1

Спасибо, нужно было бы и первую букву убрать, тогда бы точно стало понятно о ком речь.

Master написал(а):

Убило наповал. Ну и снобизм. Такого еще не видел.

не плач.

stas33 написал(а):

Ну почему же? Сандр тоже неплохо. Иногда...

кому как.

Даша, привет!!! Ты вернулась или в марте тоже отсутсвуешь?
А кто это у тебя на аве?

+1

Audrey, извините, не видила сообщения) Да, вернулась до апреля) На аве-Клара Морони) :love:

Hello! Is it OK to post in English? I don't know Russian, and the results of online translation engines tend to be weird. I am accessing this forum using the built-in translation features of Google Chrome, which is nice, but it's sometimes hard to understand what people are saying.

About me: My name is Mike, and although I grew up in the Midwestern U.S. (which is really in the east), I now live in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, USA, which is at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. I found this forum after it was recommended to me by someone on Soulseek.

I'm 40 now, so I basically grew up in the '80s, when so much creative, exciting music was coming out, and everything we were seeing on MTV and hearing on the radio sounded so amazingly exciting, fun, fresh and contemporary. I lived in the country, not too far from some long-dead industrial cities, and hundreds of miles away from anywhere anything interesting happened. People who live there generally like loud rock music, cars, guns, lawn ornaments (including ATVs), cheap beer, fried chicken, junk food, and facial hair (even on the children and the women). It is not a place where Queen's "Radio Ga-Ga" was ever popular. AC/DC and Iron Maiden, sure, but ABC and Howard Jones? Never!

Nevertheless, I was one of maybe four or five kids in my school who loved silly, synthy Top-40 pop & dance music and the music of The Art of Noise. In hindsight, all signs pointed to my being as gay as the day is long (or something quite a bit less than totally straight), and everyone seemed to know it but me, but at that age, in that place, in those times, being called a "fag" for any reason, whether it was your taste in pop culture or anything else, was something you'd do anything to stop from happening...so for the most part, I had to enjoy my "cheesy" music in secret. Talk about a guilty pleasure! If only there were video of the top-hat-and-cane routine I had worked out for Taco's "Livin' in my Dreamworld", or the insane dancing I did the first time I heard Prince & The Revolution's "Let's Go Crazy" on the radio! Nobody ever saw those things. But if they did, it would've looked a bit like 9-year-old Robert Jeffrey's performance of "Vogue" in 1991.

Nowadays things are so different. The history of pop culture is increasingly at everyone's fingertips. Although it's still common to only know about whatever's the most mainstream and the most popular in the moment, it's not that unusual for people to be into at least one or two things that are unusual and "uncool", whether it's something old and nostalgic like Italo Disco, or just some newer, niche-y, nerdy thing that requires a certain personality in order to "get".

In my late teens (1987-1991) I became enamored with the music of Yello and with dance remixes of pop songs. Again, it was still very much a guilty pleasure—the popular club music at the time was industrial, and most people didn't understand why I would want to hear, say, Janet Jackson and Debbie Gibson at all, much less the new Shep Pettibone remixes of their latest singles. Having spent what little money I had on records, I soon dropped out of college and got into the rave scene as a DJ and promoter, mainly focusing on the ambient/IDM/chill-out side of things. I also loved the sounds that were popular in that scene in the Midwest at the time: hard/Detroit/ravey/acid techno, breakbeat/jungle/drum&bass, classic/acid/hard house, and early/hard/acid trance. Outside of rave music, I was also into what I call "dorm room staples": New Order, Depeche Mode, alternative hip-hop (De La Soul, mainly), The Smiths, The Cure, and other things like that.

I started digitizing my music collection and using file-sharing networks in early 1999 (anyone remember AudioGalaxy?) and have devoted many hours to curating and cultivating my digital music library. I have only just in the past few years really discovered and developed a deep appreciation of all the wonderful North American and European disco music of the '70s and '80s (especially Italo Disco) as well as many, many other forms of music that I had spent far too many years erroneously thinking was all just too cheesy/uncool/esoteric. How wrong I was! So now I'm playing catch-up, learning about all this music and getting as much as I can afford, and then some, and loving pretty much all of it.

Anyway, I want to express my heartfelt thanks to Dasha and the other admins and contributors who have posted so much music here, especially the long-out-of-print and hard-to-find Italo Disco material. I hope to repay the favor!

+2

Thanks for your Story!!! Very Glad To See You!!!! http://s55.radikal.ru/i148/0902/81/5822b1e5df3e.gif  http://s5.rimg.info/0121f01907b72b5bdc344e905f08a72c.gif  http://s41.radikal.ru/i091/0908/51/0b9218c6b80a.gif

Welcome Mike! Your history interesting.  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good.gif

DerevnyaIdiot написал(а):

Janet Jackson and Debbie Gibson

:cool: They are my favorite singers from USA... In addition, i adore Tiffany, Susanna Hoffs, La Toya Jackson and etc... I love music of 80`s from Italia(Eurobeat forever!!!), Great Britian (i love SAW`s projects!!!) and USA.
My favorite singer is Clara Moroni.  :love:

+2

привет всем!!!

Анатолий написал(а):

привет всем!!!

Анатолий, польщены но  для приветствий есть специальная тема

Давайте знакомиться!

Что-то ник меня смущает американского товарища.Не  очень похоже на чистого американца.

+1

Nice to meet You dear Mike ! Are You really from Colorado State ? I saw Your nick and I had a little doubt. Your nickname composed from the rare Russian words.It's incredible.

+1

TVI написал(а):

Что-то ник меня смущает американского товарища.Не  очень похоже на чистого американца.

проверяла по Ip -правда американец, да   и "наш" вряд ли стал бы толкать ту такую речь на  весьма приличном английском
есть версия что он хотел назваться чем то вроде "деревенский чудак", но воспользовавшись услугами автоматического переводчика, получил в итоге то что есть...

Sorry, there is no exciting story behind the nickname. As Audrey guessed, I simply typed the words "Village Idiot" into Google Translate and it said "Derevnya Idiot", so that's what I used. The idea was to pick a humble name, so I chose one that means "the local person who is regarded as a tremendous fool." I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that this was something that would translate OK! I'm not surprised to find out that the words aren't correct. I read the forum with Chrome (Google's browser), which has automatic translation, and its interpretation of the Russian text comes out as nearly nonsense in English. The sentence structure is wrong and the words are not always the natural choices, so it's very awkward...but I usually get the general idea of what's being said, at least. Unfortunately, the preview & submit links don't work in Chrome, so when I post, I have to switch to Firefox. And yes, I'm definitely based in the U.S. state of Colorado (and before that, Ohio). Very nice to meet all of you! :)

Отредактировано DerevnyaIdiot (2011-08-11 02:09:07)

+1

Very Nice To Meet You Too!!!
My nickname is Audrey ))) I hope you can determine  face of my avatar
very like songs of this singer
I like very Different and many music

Привет я Денис! Меломан люблю старую и новую музыку сайт просто супер!

+2

Привет Денис!)) Добро пожаловать!!!

Да, привет Денис и добро пожаловать!!!!!

Зовут Евгений,коллекционер фирменных cd,особенно люблю Швецию,Австрию,Норвегию,рад что нашел такой хороший форум.

jeka74 написал(а):

Зовут Евгений,коллекционер фирменных cd,особенно люблю Швецию,Австрию,Норвегию,рад что нашел такой хороший форум.

Добро пожаловать Евгений!

Создать форум

Вы здесь » Italo Disco World » Мы » Давайте знакомиться!

Создать форум